1. I don't need a man. But I'm happier with one. I like to have someone I can touch and squeeze and kiss. But I don't fold up and die if I don't have a man around.




2. Yes, it's a man's world, but that's all right because they're making a total mess of it. We're chipping away at their control, taking the parts we want. Some women think it's a difficult task, but it's not.


3. A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones.






4. Don't take your toys inside just because it's raining.

5. If you're black in this country, if you're a woman in this country, if you are any minority in this country at all, what could possibly possess you to vote Republican?


6. If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen.



7. I can trust my friends. These people force me to examine myself, encourage me to grow.

8. Hate crimes are the scariest thing in the world because these people really believe what they're doing is right.

9. Husbands are like fires - they go out when they're left unattended.


10. I'm scared to death of being poor. It's like a fat girl who loses 500 pounds but is always fat inside. I grew up poor and will always feel poor inside. It's my pet paranoia.

11. Men should be like Kleenex, soft, strong and disposable.

12. Men aren't necessities. They're luxuries. 


13. I think that the longer I look good, the better gay men feel.

14. Nothing lifts me out of a bad mood better than a hard workout on my treadmill. It never fails. Exercise is nothing short of a miracle.


15. I only answer to two people, myself and God.



16. Anyone who's a great kisser I'm always interested in.




17. Words are like weapons; they wound sometimes.

18. I'm insecure about everything, because... I'm never going to look in the mirror and see this blond, blue-eyed girl. That is my idea of what I'd like to look like.

19. The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing - and then marry him.


20. I won't be able to do what I'm doing forever. There aren't that many scripts floating around for fifty-year-old chicks.


21. I'm learning English at the moment. I can say "Big Ben", "Hello Rodney", "Tower Bridge" and "Loo".



22. I'm still friends with all my exes, apart from my husbands.

23. I've always taken risks, and never worried what the world might really think of me.

24. In this business it takes time to be really good - and by that time, you're obsolete.


25. Women are the real architects of society.





26. Women have to harness their power - its absolutely true. It's just learning not to take the first no. And if you can't go straight ahead, you go around the corner.

27. It's not necessary, in order to be a complete person, that I have a man. It's not the end-all, be-all of my life.

28. I don't like Bush. I don't trust him. I don't like his record. He's stupid. He's lazy.


29. Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the possibility of being great.



30. To me marriage is for five or ten years.




31. I kill myself for my body.

32. Some years I'm the coolest thing that ever happened, and then the next year everyone's so over me, and I'm just so past my sell date.

33. You've probably noticed already that I'm dressed like a grown-up... I apologize to the Academy, and I promise that I will never do it again.


34. I would have gone home to my mother, but I'm not that crazy about my mother.

35. I wouldn't give myself any advice, because advice is kinda bullshit. Take a deep breath and don't take any of it too seriously.



36. Going hungry never bothered me - it was having no clothes.

37. Anyone who's a great kisser I'm always interested in.

38. I'm not gonna become Ann Bancroft or Meryl Streep and have all the burden that being a "serious actress" entails.


39. He will put in new Superior Court judges, and these guys are not going to want to see gay pride week.


40. There's not someone who tells you how adorable you are and rubs your head and goes into a crowded press conference and stands at the back and winks at you so that you think: "I can get through this."

41. When they're gone, that's when you appreciate them, ... That's why it was important for me to dedicate the book and the album, because I can't remember what we were arguing about. I bet he can't either.

42. Fitness: if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.


43. You make good coffee . . . You're a slob, but you make good coffee.

44. The problem with most men is they're assholes. The problem with most women is they put up with those assholes.


What do you think of Cher quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!