1. For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.-->
2. I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.
3. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
4. I've always taken "The Wizard of Oz" very seriously, you know. I believe in the idea of the rainbow. And I've spent my entire life trying to get over it.
5. In the silence of night I have often wished for just a few words of love from one man, rather than the applause of thousands of people.
6. We cast away priceless time in dreams, born of imagination, fed upon illusion, and put to death by reality.
7. You are never so alone as when you are ill on stage. The most nightmarish feeling in the world is suddenly to feel like throwing up in front of four thousand people.
8. If I'm such a legend, then why am I so lonely? Let me tell you, legends are all very well if you've got somebody around who loves you.
9. How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child.
10. It's lonely and cold on the top... lonely and cold.
11. Behind every cloud is another cloud.
12. If you have to be in a soap opera try not to get the worst role.
13. I try to bring the audience's own drama - tears and laughter they know about - to them.
14. There have been times when I have deliberately tried to take my life... I think I must have been crying for some attention.
15. I've never looked through a keyhole without finding someone was looking back.
16. I think there's something peculiar about me that I haven't died. It doesn't make sense but I refuse to die.
17. I was born at the age of twelve on an MGM lot.
18. I'm the original take-orders girl.
19. I've seen the ticket, and I still can't believe it. When I see the money, I hope I don't hit the floor.
20. My life, my career has been like a roller coaster. I've either been an enormous success or just a down-and-out failure.
21. You shouldn't be told you're completely irresponsible and be left alone with too much medication. It's too easy to forget. You take a couple of sleeping pills and you wake up in twenty minutes and forget you've taken them. So you take a couple more, and the next thing you know you've taken too many.
22. If my daughter, Liza, wants to become an actress, I'll do everything to help her.
23. If you sit down for 20 minutes in this business now it's a comeback.
24. Being Judy Garland is quite a chore.
25. My mother had a marvelous talent for mishandling money - mine. When I was put under stock contract at Metro and had a steady income for the first time, we lived in a four-unit apartment building. I suggested to Mother that we buy it as an investment and rent the other three apartments. She hit me in the mouth and invested the money in a nickel mine in Needles, California, that has never been found. We never got a nickel back.
26. Well, we have a whole new year ahead of us. And wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all be a little more gentle with each other, and a little more loving, have a little more empathy, and maybe - next year at this time - we'd like each other a little more.
27. Hollywood is a strange place - if you're in trouble, everybody thinks it's contagious.
28. You know something? I'm decent! There isn't a great deal of decency in the world, especially in our business, and I'm one of the few really decent ladies around.
What do you think of Judy Garland's quotes?
Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!