1. Before you agree to do anything that might add even the smallest amount of stress to your life, ask yourself: What is my truest intention? Give yourself time to let a yes resound within you. When it's right, I guarantee that your entire body will feel it.

2. My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.

3. I think that when you invite people to your home, you invite them to yourself.

4. Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.


5. As you become more clear about who you really are, you'll be better able to decide what is best for you - the first time around.



6. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.

7. Every one of us gets through the tough times because somebody is there, standing in the gap to close it for us.

8. I define joy as a sustained sense of well-being and internal peace - a connection to what matters.

9. I finally realized that being grateful to my body was key to giving more love to myself.

10. I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become.

11. I trust that everything happens for a reason, even when we're not wise enough to see it.

12. If you want your life to be more rewarding, you have to change the way you think.


13. In every aspect of our lives, we are always asking ourselves: How am I of value? What is my worth? Yet I believe that worthiness is our birthright.



14. Living in the moment brings you a sense of reverence for all of life's blessings.

15. Partake of some of life's sweet pleasures. And yes, get comfortable with yourself.

16. The big secret in life is that there is no big secret. Whatever your goal, you can get there if you're willing to work.

17. The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.

18. The whole point of being alive is to evolve into the complete person you were intended to be.

19. Though I am grateful for the blessings of wealth, it hasn't changed who I am. My feet are still on the ground. I'm just wearing better shoes.


20. Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possiblity.



21. We are each responsible for our own life - no other person is or even can be.

22. What I know for sure is that what you give comes back to you.

23. What we're all striving for is authenticity, a spirit-to-spirit connection.

24. Whatever you fear most has no power - it is your fear that has the power.

25. With every experience, you alone are painting your own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.

26. I've learned that you can't have everything and do everything at the same time.

27. If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race.

28. Use what you have to run toward your best - that's how I now live my life.


29. Getting my lifelong weight struggle under control has come from a process of treating myself as well as I treat others in every way.







30. Every time you state what you want or believe, you're the first to hear it. It's a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don't put a ceiling on yourself.

31. I believe the choice to be excellent begins with aligning your thoughts and words with the intention to require more from yourself.


32. Be more splendid, more extraordinary. Use every moment to fill yourself up.

33. Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance.


34. Every time you suppress some part of yourself or allow others to play you small, you are in essence ignoring the owner's manual your creator gave you and destroying your design.

35. You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more.

36. The roses, the lovely notes, the dining and dancing are all welcome and splendid. But when the Godiva is gone, the gift of real love is having someone who'll go the distance with you. Someone who, when the wedding day limo breaks down, is willing to share a seat on the bus.

37. There's no easy way out. If there were, I would have bought it. And believe me, it would be one of my favorite things!

38. Let your light shine. Shine within you so that it can shine on someone else. Let your light shine.


39. Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you're going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus.


40. I believe that uncertainty is really my spirit's way of whispering, "I'm in flux. I can't decide for you. Something is off-balance here."

41. I believe that (everyone) is the keeper of a dream - and by tuning into one another's secret hopes, we can become better friends, better partners, better parents, and better lovers.

42. Often we don't even realize who we're meant to be because we're so busy trying to live out someone else's ideas. But other people and their opinions hold no power in defining our destiny.

43. Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. Don't fight them. Just find a different way to stand.

44. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure. 


45. I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.



46. The key to realizing a dream is to focus not on success but significance - and then even the small steps and little victories along your path will take on greater meaning.

47. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.

48. I believe that one of life's greatest risks is never daring to risk.

49. All these years I've been feeling like I was growing into myself. Finally, I feel grown.

50. You can take from every experience what it has to offer you. And you cannot be defeated if you just keep taking one breath followed by another.


51. It is confidence in our bodies, minds and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures, new directions to grow in, and new lessons to learn - which is what life is all about.



52. You can have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

53. Check your ego at the door and check your gut instead. Every right decision I have ever made has come from my gut. Every wrong decision I've made was the result of me not listening to the greater voice of myself.

54. Difficulties come when you don't pay attention to life's whisper. Life always whispers to you first, but if you ignore the whisper, sooner or later you'll get a scream.


55. Feelings are really your GPS system for life. When your supposed to do something, or not supposed to do something, your emotional guidance system lets you know.

56. Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart, and success will come to you.

57. How do I define success? Let me tell you, money's pretty nice. But having a lot of money does not automatically make you a successful person. What you want is money and meaning. You want your work to be meaningful, because meaning is what brings the real richness to your life.

58. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. That's the lesson. That lesson alone, will save you a lot of grief. Even doubt means don't.


59. If you're hurting, you need to help somebody else ease their hurt. If you're in pain, help somebody else's pain.

60. In order to be truly happy, you must live along with, and you must stand for something larger than yourself.


61. Inner wisdom is more important than wealth. The more you spend it, the more you gain.

62. Life is a reciprocal exchange. To move forward, you have to give back.

63. My constant prayer for myself is to be used in service for the greater good.

64. Nobody's journey is seamless or smooth. We all stumble. We all have setbacks. It's just life's way of saying, "Time to change course."


65. The world has so many lessons to teach you. I consider the world, our earth, to be like a school, and our life, the classrooms. Sometimes on our planet life school, the lessons often come dressed up as detours and road blocks and sometimes as full blown crises. And the secret I've learned to getting ahead is being open to the lessons.

66. Walk through life eager and open to self-improvement and that which is going to best help you evolve, because that's really why were here: to evolve as human beings.

67. When you choose the paradigm of service, it turns everything you do from a job into a gift.

68. When you don't know what to do, get still. Get very still until you do know what to do.

69. When you're doing the work you're meant to do, it feels right and every day is a bonus, regardless of what you're getting paid.


70. You really haven't changed, you've just become more of yourself. That is really what were all trying to do: become more of ourselves.





71. I'm black, I don't feel burdened by it and I don't think it's a huge responsibility. It's part of who I am. It does not define me.

72. When I look into the future, it's so bright it burns my eyes.

73. You CAN have it all. You just can't have it all at once.

74. Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.

75. Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.


76. I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience, and learn from it. Life is never dull.

77. Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.

78. Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another steppingstone to greatness.

79. Turn your wounds into wisdom. 


80. I don't think of myself as a poor deprived ghetto girl who made good. I think of myself as somebody who from an early age knew I was responsible for myself, and I had to make good.

81. Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.

82. The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.

83. I don't believe in failure. It is not failure if you enjoyed the process.

84. I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear.

85. Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.


86. The struggle of my life created empathy - I could relate to pain, being abandoned, having people not love me.

87. I have a lot of things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.

88. For everyone of us that succeeds, it's because there's somebody there to show you the way out.

89. The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

90. Excellence is the best deterrent to racism or sexism.


91. I don't think you ever stop giving. I really don't. I think it's an on-going process. And it's not just about being able to write a check. It's being able to touch somebody's life.




92. What God intended for you goes far beyond anything you can imagine.

93. Books were my pass to personal freedom. I learned to read at age three, and soon discovered there was a whole world to conquer that went beyond our farm in Mississippi.

94. So go ahead. Fall down. The world looks different from the ground.

95. I always knew I was destined for greatness.


96. I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.

97. My idea of heaven is a great big baked potato and someone to share it with.

98. If you come to fame not understanding who you are, it will define who you are.

99. It does not matter how you came into the world, what matters is that you are here.


100. I had no idea that being your authentic self could make me as rich as I've become. If I had, I'd have done it a lot earlier.



101. It's much easier for me to make major life, multi-million dollar decisions, than it is to decide on a carpet for my front porch. That's the truth.

102. I'm sick of people sittin' in chairs stating their problems. Then we roll the videotape... then we have our experts on the topic... I'm in the 'What's next?' phase of my career.

103. I'm not even kind of a lesbian.

104. You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.

105. I remember a specific moment, watching my grandmother hang the clothes on the line, and her saying to me, 'you are going to have to learn to do this,' and me being in that space of awareness and knowing that my life would not be the same as my grandmother's life.


106. My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city, and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here.

107. Your mistake does not define who you are...you are your possibilities.

108. Don’t back down just to keep the peace. Standing up for your beliefs builds self-confidence and self-esteem.

109. We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.



What do you think of Oprah Winfrey quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!