1. No one ever expects a great lay to pay all the bills.



2. I like to wake up each morning feeling a new man.



3. This place certainly reeks of hospitality and good cheer, or maybe it's this cheese.

4. Underwear makes me uncomfortable and besides my parts have to breathe.

5. One day when he was eating a cookie he offered me a bite. Don't underestimate that. The poor guy's so frightened of germs, it could darn near have been a proposal.

6. HARLOW: "I was reading a book the other day . . . the guy said machinery is going to take the place of every profession."/ DRESSLER: "Oh, my dear, that's something you'll never have to worry about.


7. When you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas.




8. Men like me because I don't wear a brassiere. Women like me because I don't look like a girl who would steal a husband. At least not for long.

9. I was not a born actress. No one knows it better than I. If I had any latent talent, I have had to work hard, listen carefully, do things over and over and then over again in order to bring it out.

10. (On Hell's Angels (1930)) When I was making a personal appearance, I'd always sneak in the back of the house to watch the zeppelin airplane attack. I never failed to get a tremendous thrill out of it. I probably saw that scene hundreds of times.

11. I love people to think I came up from the gutter.


12. I know I'm the worst actress that was ever in pictures.


13. I feel I can't breathe when I'm wearing a brassiere.

14. There is a God, even in Hollywood.

15. I'm home-conscious, if there's a phrase like that.

16. I'm drinking only because I have to have something to keep me going. If I were leading a normal life, I'd drink only to be sociable.

17. To me, love has always meant friendship.

18. I'm not a great actress, and I never thought I was. But I happen to have something the public likes.

19. Must I always wear a low-cut dress to be important?

20. I'm handicapped by a very even disposition.


21. I've always hated my hair, not only because it limited me as an actress, but because it limited me as a person. It made me look hard and spectacular.


22. I turned to motion pictures because I had to work or starve.



23. I am not a party hound.


What do you think of Jean Harlow quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!