While promoting her new documentary, "In Your Dreams," Stevie Nicks commented on the "American Idol" feud between veteran vocalist Mariah Carey and rapper artist Nicki Minaj. Footage obtained from the "American Idol" auditions showed Minaj threatening Carey by saying things like "off with your head" and "I will knock you out."

"How dare this little girl! … If I had been Mariah I would have walked over to Nicki and strangled her to death right there," Nicks told The Daily. "I would have killed her in front of all those people and had to go to jail for it."


Nicks , 64, claimed that, if she were an aspiring singer today, she would go on "American Idol." Nicks doesn't intend to be on the judges' panel of the show - even though she was a coach for contestants last season.

"If you stick me in the middle of a burning fire," Nicks told The Daily, "I don’t think I’d like it very much."


Needless to say that the Minaj-Carey feud has renewed interest in the upcoming season of "American Idol," but some insist the fight was staged to boost ratings...What do you think?

Photo credit: Getty Images

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!