1. Diamonds never leave you... men do!  



2. I've always been the breadwinner and men don't like that. They turn on you. They bite the hand that feeds them. Eventually, too, they become very jealous of the love one has with an audience.

3. You don't get older, you get better.

4. I decided to retire from show business at the age of 17, because I didn't like it a bit.

5. I hate it when people come up to me when I'm eating.


6. I think men are afraid to be with a successful woman, because we are terribly strong, we know what we want and we are not fragile enough.






7. I'm a virgin and I brought up all my children to be the same.

8. It's hard for a man to live with a successful woman - they seem to resent you so much. Very few men are generous enough to accept success in their women.

9. No wedding bells for me anymore. I've been happily married to my profession for years.


10. (on being awarded Dame Commander of the British Empire) I was asleep and my manager came to wake me up because we were going out that night. I didn't feel like getting up and I said: "Go away, let me sleep". Just as I was going back to sleep he said: "You wouldn't get up even for Damehood?" I had to keep quiet for seven weeks. I nearly had a nervous breakdown. I was afraid to go out in case I told someone - my social life was nil.

11. I wanted to be a model; I wanted to be a nurse; I wanted to be so many things, almost anything but being part of show business.


What do you think of Shirley Bassey quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!