Lizzie Velasquez, 23, was born without any adipose tissue, which means she has no fat on her body.






As a result, she weighs just 58 pounds, even though she eats as many as 60 times a day. 


 Lizzie recently revealed to Dr. Drew Pinsky on HLN that she been the subject of cyberbullying and stares when she walks out in public.

Some cyberbullies even dubbed her the "ugliest woman in the world," because of her looks due to her medical condition, she claimed.




"It's not easy, I will be the first to tell you it's not easy," Velasquez told Dr. Drew. "I may have this outer exterior of people saying: "She can handle everything, she's dealt with this for so long," and to be honest, I'm human and of course these things are going to hurt."


The Telegraph reported in 2010 that Velasquez consumes 5,000 to 8,000 calories a day - eating food every 15 minutes. But because of the condition, the Texas State University in San Marcos student has never weighed much more than 60 pounds, she wrote in the description of her book that came out earlier this year, titled "Be Beautiful, Be You."

Lizzie noted in her book description that her condition is extremely rare; she is just one of three people in the entire world to have it.








The Telegraph reported that doctors believe she may have something called "Neonatal Progeroid Syndrome". It is a condition that leads to premature aging, but
according to the National Institutes of Health it is different from the more common aging disorder, progeria. It is characterized by wrinkled skin, not much fat, a large head, a face that looks aged and visible veins in the scalp. 

"I think the biggest things I have to deal with is constantly people staring at me as soon as I walk into a room," Velasquez told Dr. Drew. "Recently, it's been a lot of adults I've been having to deal with who will slowly walk in front of me and turn their heads, and look me up and down. So the stares are what I'm really dealing with in public right now."

But "instead of just sitting by and watching these people judge me, I'm starting to want to go up to these people and introduce myself, or give them my card, and say: "Maybe you should stop staring and start learning.""

Lizzie isn't responsible for her appearance. People should understand this and stop judging. It is very nice that Lizzie doesn't give up and does her best in order to bring awareness to the rest of us about her disease.What do you think?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!